Antonio Brown is trying to use Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law to get a second-degree attempted murder charge dismissed.
The former NFL wide receiver filed a motion earlier this week to dismiss the case stemming from a shooting incident outside an amateur boxing match in Miami in May, according to ESPN.
The 37-year-old Brown had traveled to Dubai and spent six months in the United Arab Emirates following the alleged encounter before he was extradited by U.S. Marshals to Florida last month, before entering a not-guilty plea.
He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
Former NFL star wide receiver Antonio Brown walks after being released from the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, Nov. 13, 2025, in Miami.
“Brown’s use of force on May 16, 2025, was fully justified,” the motion stated, according to ESPN. “Brown reasonably believed that the alleged victim intended to cause him serious harm.”
Monday’s motion was shared with ESPN by Brown’s lawyer, Mark Eiglarsh, the report stated.
Richard L. Cooper, an attorney for the alleged victim Zul-Qarnain Kwame Nantambu, told the outlet that the defense motion was “a farcical reimagining” of what transpired.
The 2005 “Stand Your Ground” law states that a person can use deadly force in self-defense with immunity from prosecution without having to first attempt to retreat.
The most noted cited case involving the Florida statute involved the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of second-degree murder charges the following year after the judge instructed the jury to consider the law’s “fight-versus-retreat principles.”
According to Brown’s motion, Nantambu exhibited a history of violence toward him, including a 30-day jail sentence in Dubai over an alleged jewelry theft.
Former NFL star wide receiver Antonio Brown, displayed on a monitor, appears for his bond hearing via video, Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2025, in Miami.
Brown, who was released on $25,000 bail and placed on house arrest with an ankle monitor, claimed that Nantambu attacked him while the seven-time Pro Bowler was attempting to get to his car.
But police claimed Brown punched the alleged victim in the face as part of an attack with two other men.
“By the grace of God, [Nantambu] was not killed,” Cooper said at a November hearing.
Prosecutors also have claimed that Brown “chases [Nantambu] down and shoots at him at point blank range,” and that he was seen on video with a gun in his hand near the victim.
The motion filed this week by Brown’s lawyer admitted that he fired the gun as “a warning shot,” but claimed that he “reasonably feared” Nantambu also was armed and made an “aggressive movement” toward the retired player.
News
Pittsburgh Steelers Announce Major Changes to Acrisure Stadium Ahead of 2026 Season — Team Responds After Fans Said a New Feature Felt “Overwhelming,” Promising Adjustments to Improve the Game-Day Experience and Restore Comfort for Supporters.
THE Pittsburgh Steelers are announcing major changes to Acrisure Stadium. Significant changes are being made to the Steelers‘ stadium for 2026…
Kayla Simmons is turning heads once again after sharing a bold beachside look that quickly set social media buzzing. Dubbed by fans as one of the most eye-catching figures in volleyball, Simmons posted a series of photos in a minimal white bikini — and reactions poured in almost instantly. From “mesmerising” to “unreal,” followers didn’t hold back as the post racked up engagement. Known for blending her athletic background with a strong online presence, Simmons continues to build a brand that goes far beyond the court. While the photos grabbed attention, it’s the consistency of her influence that stands out most. And one detail in the post is what fans keep coming back to. It might explain why she continues to dominate the spotlight.
KAYLA SIMMONS has bared her bum in a tiny bikini leaving her fans stunned on social media. The world’s sexiest…
A stunning reversal has caught fans off guard as a Pittsburgh Steelers star has already walked back his retirement — just weeks after stepping away from the game. What initially seemed like a definitive goodbye is now looking more like a pause, with the player signaling a return that’s raising eyebrows across the National Football League. Retirement decisions in the NFL are rarely simple, often shaped by physical demands, personal factors, and unfinished business — and this situation appears to be no different. Fans are split between excitement and confusion, trying to understand what changed so quickly behind the scenes. Teammates and insiders are also reacting, with speculation building about what this means for the Steelers moving forward. But one detail about the timeline of his decision is what’s drawing the most attention. And it could reveal why this U-turn happened so fast.
A FORMER PITTSBURGH STEELERS star has announced his decision to return to the NFL just weeks after hanging up the…
Life off the field is taking center stage for Dak Prescott as he and ex-fiancée Sarah Jane Ramos navigate a complicated custody situation following their high-profile breakup. After what many described as a messy split, both sides are now reportedly focused on finding a stable path forward — putting co-parenting and long-term priorities ahead of past tensions. For Prescott, the situation adds a deeply personal layer to an already demanding career with the Dallas Cowboys, where pressure never really lets up. Sources suggest efforts are being made to keep matters as private and constructive as possible, even as public interest continues to grow. Fans have been watching closely, with reactions ranging from support to curiosity about how things will unfold. But one key approach both sides are taking is what’s drawing the most attention. And it could define how this situation evolves moving forward.
Dak Prescott and ex-fiancée Sarah Jane Ramos are taking steps to amicably come to terms on a temporary custody arrangement…
Josh Allen and Hailee Steinfeld Announce Birth of First Child — The Buffalo Bills Star and Hollywood Actress Share Joyful News, Marking a New Chapter as They Welcome Their Baby Into the World.
Bills quarterback Josh Allen and his wife, actress Hailee Steinfeld, are officially a family of three. The couple announced Thursday…
A powerful full-circle moment is unfolding for an NFL player whose actions off the field once made headlines for all the right reasons. After bravely pulling a man from a burning car and saving his life, the National Football League star is now being handed a career lifeline of his own — a second chance that’s capturing attention across the football world. At the time, his heroic act drew widespread praise, showing a side of athletes fans don’t always get to see. Now, as he looks to revive his career, that moment is being remembered as more than just a headline — but a reflection of character. Teams are always weighing talent against intangibles, and stories like this can carry real weight. As news spreads, support is pouring in from fans and insiders alike. But one key detail about this opportunity is what’s standing out most. And it could determine whether this comeback truly takes hold.
KJ OSBORN has reportedly agreed a one-year deal with the Tennessee Titans. The wide receiver, 28, has not played in…
End of content
No more pages to load






